Useful Posts on SSL Certificates
- How To Get SSL Certificate For Website - Know how to request a SSL certificate for your website.
- Switching to HTTPS and SEO - Learn how not to impact website SEO when you switch to HTTPS.
- Root and Intermediate CA Certificates - Learn how they are used to establish trust for establishing a HTTPS connection.
- OCSP Stapling - Speed-up web browser response time by enabling this setting on your web server.
- SSL Certificate Expiry - All about SSL certificate expiry and how it affects your website.
- SSL Certificate Revocation - All about SSL certificate revocation and how it affects your website.
- Downloading installed SSL certificate - If you lose your certificate file you can download the installed certificate for your website.
- Troubleshoot SSL Certificate Problems - How to deal with "Not Secure" website problems after you setup a SSL certificate.
- SSL Certificates for Intranet Servers - How to get Certificate Authorities to issue trusted certificates for Intranet servers.
Third-party SSL setup on popular Web Hosting
- GoDaddy - GoDaddy allows third-party SSL certificate installs on some of its products.
- BlueHost - BlueHost allows third-party SSL certificate installs on some of its products.
- HostGator - HostGator allows third-party SSL certificate installs on some of its products.
- ZenCommerce - Zencommerce allows third-party SSL certificate installs on the e-commerce stores hosted with them.
- AWS Certificate Manager - If you need to use non-EC2 AWS services then you need to use Amazon Certificate Manager.
- Microsoft Azure - Microsoft Azure allows third-party SSL certificate installation.
Useful Articles and Posts on Website Security
- More about SSL (Technical version) - Learn more about the SSL/TLS protocol and implementing HTTPS with a technical overview.
- Best practices when implementing HTTPS - Google's tips for SEO best practices when switching to HTTPS from HTTP.
- HTTP Strict Transport Security - Learn about HSTS and how to enable it for HTTPS websites on various web servers.
- SSL/TLS Deployment Best Practices - SSL is easy to deploy, but not easy to deploy correctly to provide the necessary security.
- SSL Implementation Best Practice for Mobile App development - Best practices for using web server certificates with mobile apps.
- SSL Threat Model - Large image indicating potential threat areas in the SSL security ecosystem, consisting of SSL, TLS and PKI.
- About Public Key Pinning - Learn to configure your web server to validate itself using HTTP Public Key Pinning (HPKP) Pin Validation.
- Secure Your Web App With HTTP Headers - HTTP response headers can be used to tighten security of web apps with a few lines of code.
- Everything you need to know about HTTP Security Headers - Shows how to configure HTTP security Headers on web servers.
- Security Guidance for E-commerce Websites - Updated PCI best practice guidelines [PDF] for securing e-commerce transactions.